Sunday, November 9, 2014

Finally! Robin McKinley Backlist Available in Ebook Format



Hello, I'm Heidi and I'm a bookaholic. Which means I have a very long wishlist of books for my ebook devices. Much of that list has been honored by publishers releasing backlists but there are some major authors missing on my list. One of them is Robin McKinley. Yes, I own her oeuvre in paper but I want it in the much more portable ebook edition. These days I don't feel relaxed unless I have a 1,000+ books at my fingertips at any given moment.

So imagine my glee when I saw that much of McKinley's backlist will finally be available in ebook for my rereading convenience near or far and to share with the nieces who get to read books on my account. One niece is at the perfect McKinley reading age and I really wanted those books for her this past year but now is just fine, too.

So the following titles will be released to ebook format on 11/18/14 in the US. And there was much rejoicing! For some odd reason, The Blue Sword is missing from the releases list. I don't know why. Hari needs to be digitized, too. But I won't beg too much since I am getting these now. Well, I won't beg too much.




The Hero and the Crown (no fairy tales but an important book of my youth)


Sunshine (Beauty and the Beast)


Deerskin (Donkeyskin)







Rose Daughter (Beauty and the Beast)


The Door in the Hedge: and Other Stories (My first exposure to Twelve Dancing Princesses)

Description:

So begins “The Stolen Princess,” the first story of this collection, about the meeting between the human princess Linadel and the faerie prince Donathor. “The Princess and the Frog” concerns Rana and her unexpected alliance with a small, green, flipper-footed denizen of a pond in the palace gardens. “The Hunting of the Hind” tells of a princess who has bewitched her beloved brother, hoping to beg some magic of cure, for her brother is dying, and the last tale is a retelling of the Twelve Dancing Princesses in which an old soldier discovers, with a little help from a lavender-eyed witch, the surprising truth about where the princesses dance their shoes to tatters every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment