Monday, February 21, 2011

Il était une fois by Benjamin Lancombe




Last week, Midori Snyder shared a book trailer for Benjamin Lancombe's pop-up book, Il était une fois, on her blog. Need I describe the ecstasies experienced by this fairy tale and pop-up book lover?

I will share the video below, but I had to learn more about Lancombe. The most exciting part was discovering he has illustrated an entire picture book of Snow White (Blanche Neige). I will post about it separately right after this post. Lancombe also has a website where you can view his other fantastical work, although most of it is not directly fairy tale related.



Isn't that wonderful? I think I will be making an overseas purchase soon...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I've got to get my hands on that book! Benjamin Lacombe is one of the best fairytale illustrators there is, I loved every bit of his artwork in Généalogie d'une Sorcière :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good God, I have to add that to my growing collection of pop-up books (though it's still a rather small collection). And there's nothing for it but to learn French now. Thanks, Heidi, for sharing that. Lancombe's a brilliant illustrator.

    ReplyDelete