Friday, October 8, 2010

Chelleline Cards and Stationary




Michelle Lin sent me the sweetest email a few weeks ago. 

I found your website ten years ago, during my freshman year of college, and thanks to SurLaLune, I have fallen in love with fairy tales. I never enjoyed them as a child - I thought the ones we learned were kind of boring - but the fairy tales I read on SurLaLune, both tales I'd never heard of (like East of the Sun) and versions of tales I already knew (Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty) fascinated me. I have to confess that I spent my freshman spring semester exam period reading SurLaLune instead of studying for my exams!

I'm writing because I started designing stationery three years ago, and a number of my products are fairy tale-themed. You can see the fairy tale section at my website here.

They are all made from original collages, and I sell them as either originals or prints.



I think we can all relate to her story.  At least I could!  I just had to do a simple HTML programming project--content really didn't matter and so we could annotate a fairy tale--for a class and it turned into what is now SurLaLune.



Well, Michelle's interest turned to stationery and I was charmed (not just by her references to SurLaLune) so I had to share.



Visit Michelle's Etsy shop to purchase if you are interested.  Or just to browse... ;)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, these are so cute! I've been feeling like there needed to be more fairy-tale stationery in the world. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention, Heidi! That's a very interesting story about how Sur La Lune came into being!

    Thanks also for the post below about the Tine Kindermann exhibit - I didn't know about it, but now I'm planning to come to the opening tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love all the posts you offer! I am so looking forward to seeing more like them…..
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete