Friday, November 6, 2009

Fairy Tales in Stitches Week: Dragon Dreams


Today I'm sharing patterns from Dragon Dreams. The above is my favorite from this company. I searched for photos of completed projects so you can read the entire text and see the details. There are more, but this was my favorite and conveniently has the credit for the stitcher already printed on it. Thank you for sharing, Junette Stitch.


It says:

“Once upon a time” is how
Most fairy tales first start,
Then add a questing maiden
Or a knight so pure of heart.
Sometimes there is a treasure
Princely frog or magic blade,
Dangers to be conquered
Or long journeys to be made.
Yet strength and courage triumph,
To the enemy’s chagrin,
The questing soul discovers
That the hero lies within.

There are some nice castles and several dragon patterns--my favorite is a dragon alphabet. But I also like this Kingdom Sampler.


And here's a Frog Prince, the first for this week:


Most of the patterns--and most of the images--I've shown this week are available through 123stitch.com. I am in no way affiliated with them or any of the designers I've discussed. However, I have ordered from 123 Stitch and am a satisfied customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment