Saturday, June 6, 2009

Once upon a time...

SurLaLune turned 10-years-old at the end of 2008, right smack dab in the middle of the holidays, with little fanfare or celebration. Except for additions of new publications and other releases, the site remains mostly static since I'm not adding newly annotated tales, etexts or illustrations on a regular basis these days for various reasons. In other words, I keep it updated but don't keep growing it the way I have in years past.

However, SurLaLune is on my mind daily. Fairy tales surround me, color my perceptions and my life. It's rare that I don't find something related to fairy tales and folklore in my casual living, from reading to shopping to conversation to, well, you get the idea. Fairy tales are everywhere.

Over the last few weeks, I've developed a greater urge to share these experiences on SurLaLune, adding a more personalized element to the site. I considered the SurLaLune Discussion Forum, but realized I wanted a blog format instead.

And so here is the newly hatched SurLaLune Fairy Tales blog, devoted entirely to fairy tales and folklore wherever they may appear. I plan for the blog to be updated daily except on weekends since everyone needs time off, even me. There will be book announcements and some reviews, fairy tale sightings, questions answered and more as the blog grows into itself.

If you have questions or things to share, please email me and I will consider them for a future post.

On Monday, the blog will really begin. My other goal is to keep each post short and not too time consuming for writer or reader. This one is quite long enough…

No comments:

Post a Comment